Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Spring Happenings

This Spring has been really busy for us. My sweet sister Sarah completed her Dietetics degree through Iowa State University. Great job Sarah!!!

Also, John was inspired to begin a small side business in collaboration with my parents who have been producing, harvesting, and selling vegetables for 20 + years. Thus, we are featuring fresh veggies and fruits at the Des Moines Farmer's Market. I was pretty skeptical at first, however it has turned out to be a great way to work together in a fun environment. It's a whole lot of work and a MAJOR work in progress. Our first feature veggie has been grilled asparagus, (thank goodness for my parents FIVE acre patch). People apparently LOVE asparagus at 7 in the morning, who knew?!

Cloris Leachman even came by our stand a couple weeks ago.

I hit the halfway point in my pregnancy this week. Can't believe how fast time is going. Edward is getting excited to be a big brother...well maybe.

8 comments:

Andrea said...

oooh yum! I love grilled asparagus!

Micah said...

Sounds like fun family time! You look great! I wish I was that small half-way through my pregnancy! :)

Rachel said...

You look amazing!

Michelle said...

I can barely see a baby bump! you look so cute:)and im so proud of Johnny...the asparagus looks downright yummy!

On Second Street said...

wow - you look yum! And i love the new business! SOunds like so much fun. They demo veggies at Farmer's markets here and I always join the throngs and buy what they are demoing - so i bet your new venture will do well!

Brooke said...

You are so cute and teeny!

bandanachick said...

You look great Kari!

jenica said...

Well, it sure is fun to visit you at market and eat that delicious asparagus!