Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sleepy Wrap

I just found this Sleepy wrap at a local thrift store and I am really excited to try it out when our baby girl arrives. Just wondering how many of you used the same or similar wraps for your babies. I've been experimenting with it already and I think it's going to be pretty comfortable. I used a Baby Bjorn with Edward and found that my back would bother me a lot. It also wasn't as versatile as this one seems to be. I've also heard a LOT about the Moby wrap. I chose this one because it was in great shape and really cheap.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I used a Moby wrap with Sophie and loved it! She was one of those babies that wanted to be upright all the time, which worked great with the Moby. I have a lot of neck/back issues and I really thought it took the pressure off these areas and was really comfortable.

The only bad thing was putting it on. It's just SO much fabric!

Kari said...

I think this one is pretty similar to the Moby...just never tried that one before. Thanks for the advice though! We'll find out soon enough.
This one looks pretty easy as far as the tying goes, but there is a LOT of fabric.

~ Rory ~ said...

You'll have to let me know how you like it and how easy it is to use. I have a Baby Bjorn carrier from the older boys and it's great when they are little, but as soon as they get bigger it's hard on the back and shoulders. Wyatt likes to be upright facing me, so I'm trying to find a better option.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I tried the front carriers with the first 4, (I even carried the twins at the same time until they were 3 months old)but found they always hurt my back. I got a moby wrap off E-bay and loved it with the 5th (even when he was quite big, 25#)and I'm looking forward to using it with this next one. I agree that it takes a little bit to get used to putting it on with all that fabric, but it keeps them secure without the added pressures on your back or shoulders. Good luck with the sleepy wrap and let us know how it works for you!
Melissa