Friday, July 24, 2009

Ticking along

Just noticed my pregnancy widget/ticker thing and thought it was worthy to post:
30 Weeks so far
70 Days left
10 Weeks to go
210 Days so far, YAY!

In other news, we have decided to take a VERY last minute vacation to Chicago. This will be the last trip with just the three of us before baby Eva arrives. Not too sure what the near future holds, but we look forward to a new life.
Edward amazes me everyday. I so wish that I would have taped his reaction yesterday when I first showed him "Eva Mae's" newborn diaper. He was absolutely delighted and in unbelief/awe by it's size. He then found some newborn shoes and now I can hardly get them out of his hands. He's been carrying them all around and occasionally putting them up to my belly to see if they will fit Eva's little feet. He's definitely getting excited about having a baby sis around soon.
I've been enjoying the nesting phase lately and getting a lot done. I just completed the whole long process of stripping, sanding, and staining two dressers for the kids rooms. I was really excited to find handles that were reasonably priced, fit correctly, and most importantly ones I liked. Pictures to come, I promise.
And lastly, I don't remember hitting the third trimester with my first pregnancy and being SOOOO uncomfortable. Either I have forgotten or I was in MUCH better shape...or something. Almost the exact day I hit the 28 week mark things have gone down hill. The bathroom is my best friend lately, thank goodness for my comforting body pillow, and discomfort/pain/feelings of HUGENESS, well, I could go on and on. I'm already tired of the complaining too.
Anyways, thanks for listening.

7 comments:

Jean said...

Kari, it's nice to hear of someone else who's going through the same growing pains! This is my first, though, so I'm not really sure what to expect! I'm totally with you on the body pillow and bathroom... I don't know what I would do without them! I'm glad your going on a short vacation. My husband and I went to North Carolina for a week and it did us a world of good! Be safe, enjoy lots of rest breaks, and have fun with your family of three before it changes! My ticker says: 32 weeks, 6 days so far; 50 days to go; 7 weeks, 1 day to go; 230 days so far!!

bandanachick said...

So cute to hear of Edwards reactions! That is just precious!
Praying the last 10 weeks go fast for you!

Caleb and Anna said...

Sorry to hear you are achy, but I can definitely relate. I wonder how something so small can cause so much discomfort! Sometimes I just have to quit what I am doing and lay down, which seems to help. Have fun in Chicago!

Rachel said...

Ugh, yes, I agree...the 3rd trimester is very uncomfortable! Poor girl - hope this vacation allows you to rest a little. When I was pregnant, you always left comments on my blog reminding me to rest, so I will return the favor. :) Not that we ever listen, do we?????!

jenica said...

Ohh Edward will be a wonderful big brother! Do you have pic of him carrying the shoes?
I'm sorry you're feeling so yucky. It'll soon be over, but those last weeks do drag.

Kari said...

I echo all your thoughts of the 3rd trimester. Of course, last time we did this we won't so close to the big 3-0 either :-)

Can't wait to see some pix of the dresser. I've been doing a lot of that too. And i want to see some pix of you!

Michelle said...

I'm so glad ya'll were able to go to Chicago! I hope you had a great time. Cant believe you are getting so close. 10 weeks!