Friday, October 1, 2010

Loss

I've never really experienced this kind of loss before. The loss of a little baby, one I never even knew.
Working at an obgyn clinic and seeing the reality of miscarriage could still not prepare me for the complete emptiness I now feel.
Regardless, I do thank my Heavenly Father for protecting and keeping this little life safe in heaven. No pain, sorrow, and hurt which are inevitable from escaping in this day and age.
I know many of you have gone through something similar if not much worse and I now understand how you may have felt.
Thank you Lord for giving such peace and comfort in trials.
I am also so very thankful for what I do have right now. A God who is GREAT! A supportive and wonderful husband, two amazing children, family who go above and beyond everyday, loving and very kind friends...I could go on and on.
Matthew 6:20-21
But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
I have a little eight week old treasure waiting for me in heaven right at this moment. Perfect and whole. Resting in my Saviors protecting and loving arms forever.

11 comments:

Micah said...

Praying for you and yours right now. You have such an encouraging testimony through this.

Lynn said...

Kari, I am so sorry for your loss. It can be surprising how much pain and emptiness you can feel despite not having ever seen the baby. I am praying for your healing and that you will cling to the Lord and let Him reveal something more about Himself to you! His grace is greater than our need! Love and prayers

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

So sorry... mediating on these words earlier this morning, Keep looking upward!

"God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear..."

Ps 46:1-2a

Kaci said...

We are so sorry to hear about the loss of your precious little one. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Keep resting in the Savior's love.

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."

Hebrews 4:16

Anonymous said...

Hebrew 11:1 "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

We named the last gift we lost, Faith, in light of this verse. It seemed so fitting and held meaning on many different levels.

May the Lord wrap His arms around you and John as you walk through this valley and see life in a whole new way.

Hugs~

bandanachick said...

So sorry to hear this news Kari, we are praying for you and John during this time of healing. Lots of love to you both.

Kari said...

Kari, it's amazing how fresh the pain still can be when I hear about someone I love going through this. I cry for you, I pray for you, I hope for you. Hang in there...HE is faithful!

Rachel said...

Oh Kari, so sorry to hear about this. It is surprising how much it hurts to lose a little one, even this early. The Lord bonds our hearts to theirs from the beginning, I think.

I will be praying for you all as you grieve. I know the Lord will wrap His arms around you with lots of comfort.

Em said...

So sorry, Kari. I will be praying for you. I know it is difficult to lose someone. May God surround you with His presence and peace right now.

Stef said...

Praying! So sorry to hear about your loss. God is sovereign and has a plan in all He allows. He uses all for ultimate good whether we can see His reason or not. His grace is sufficient!

Marcie said...

I'm so sorry Kari. It is so hard to lose someone you already loved so much, someone you already had so many dreams about, someone who already was and always will be a part of your family. Keep trusting in our Savior. I am praying for you all. Love you!