Thursday, January 29, 2009

The twenties...going, going, almost gone


I'm trying to relish this last birthday in my twenties. Each birthday is such a great time to remember past years and then think on the years to come. Time used to sit still and now I'm begging it to slow down. Nevertheless, I've been so very blessed to live 29 years so far. I also can't believe that the Lord has given me such an AMAZING husband and son. And this is just a portion of what He's given/done for me. Today, I can't help but think on the incredibly powerful and beautiful song written by Stuart Townend.

"How Deep The Father's Love For Us"

How deep the fathers love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give his only son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon the cross
My sin upon His shoulder
Ashamed I hear my mocking voice
Call out amoung the scoffers

It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts no power no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom

7 comments:

Katy said...

Happy birthday sweet sister! I love you!

On Second Street said...

Happy Birthday. Your picture is so sweet. I love that song too.

I hope you win the scarf. Wouldn't that be a nice birthday present?it is so hard to randomly pick a winner, when I want everyone to win.!

Rachel said...

Happy birthday - enjoy those 20's!

bandanachick said...

Happy Birthday Kari! Hope you have a great one!

Christina said...

Happy Brithday, Kari! Funny how being a mom makes those days just whiz by, huh?

Anonymous said...

Happy 29th Kari! Live it up! :)

jenica said...

Happy Birthday! You know why i didn't call today right? Just wanted to spread out the wishes all weekend. ;)

We were just singing that song the other night after dinner. Such good words.

Talk to ya soon!