Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Help!

I have a couple questions:

1. For some reason, I can't figure out how to make a direct link on my posts.
2. Is there any way to change my settings so that I get an email or notification when all my dear friends post something new? I tend to just scroll down my friends list whenever I have time to look. There must be an easier way or at least a faster way.
3. I have also tried updating my blog decor. Where do you find all those neat backgrounds and how do you add music, (Josh)?

I just switched over to Firefox, its so much easier already. I have also noticed that I have many more options when posting.

7 comments:

Alan said...

Kari -- Here's how to include a direct link. Type as follows:

<a href = "http://www.google.com" >
This is a link to Google</a>

It will look like this on your blog post:

This is a link to Google

And if you want to keep up with all your friends' blog posts, go sign up for Google Reader.

Brooke said...

You can also go to Bloglines.com and it will show you anytime there is a new post. It won't email you, but I just log on to Bloglines and it shows me a list of the blogs I like to view and who has posted.

Another way to add a link into your post is to highlight a word and then click the little button next to where you change the text color (it looks like a globe with a chain link). A little box will pop up and you can then enter the link address. This is the way I like to do it! Very simple.

Kari said...

Alan, thanks soooo much. My life is already easier. I'll have to continue working on the direct link info. However, google reader is amazing.

Brooke said...

I forgot about the background comment. Several of us have just gone to Template and messed around with the colors and uploaded a picture as our title background. You can also do a search for free blogger templates. Sometimes these get confusing, as you have to revert back to the "old" blogger so that you can paste the html code in.

Kari said...

Thanks Brooke! I was using an older version of Safari and they didn't offer the link that you mentioned. However, Firefox does have it and I'll try it right now.

Kari said...

Ok, I actually figured it out finally. Next step, changing my template. I have tried many times in the past and the pics I download are WAY TOO big. Is there a way to make them smaller?

jenica said...

You have to edit your picture with your photo program. You can size it by typing in the measurement to fit on your blog page. This is how I did it at least there are probably other ways.