Friday, September 25, 2009

God has truly blessed our family today!

John, Edward, and myself are happy to announce the birth of our daughter:
Evangeline Mae Heller
Born: September 25th 2009
Time: 1:21 AM
Weight: 6 lbs, 7 ounces (Exactly the same as her big brother Edward at his delivery).
Length: 20 In.
Lots of long dark hair, beautiful blue eyes, and she has a definite girly sounding cry.

A short recap of the delivery:
The Lord blesesed me with an amazing delivery!
Contractions began at 11 PM, I tried to straighten my hair between them. :)
We arrived at the hospital around 12:15 AM.
The nurse checked me initailly at 12:43 AM and stated that I was 8 cm's and had "majorly bulging membranes." Ahhhhhh!
They moved me to my delivery room shortly after, it felt like forever.
I hated having the monitor on my stomach for the required 20 minutes and kept asking to have it removed.
Didn't have time for a nice warm bubble bath or pain meds.
The midwife made it to the hospital around 1:10ish, broke my water, and after one BIG push, Eva Mae made her apperance at 1:21 AM.
THANK THE LORD!!!
We are all doing wonderful!
The Daddy is almost asleep, poor thing. :)
Pictures to come...

12 comments:

Lindsey,Alyssa and Carly said...

Wow!! So wonderful, praise the Lord! She sounds so sweet, I'm so happy for you all! Guess what? Our babes are going to have the same Bday.... stay tuned on our end. Get some rest...

Anonymous said...

Dear Kari, I am soo happy this morning! I have tears of joy that little Evangeline shares the same b-day as our grandma Evangeline. She would have loved to hold and meet her. Praising the Lord that everything went so well. I can't wait to meet her. Love you lots!


rebekah

~ Rory ~ said...

Wahoooo! Love that your delivery went so well and so quickly!!! That is definitely a blessing in itself and so happy that she is a good size after concerns of her being small. What a blessing! I'm so thankful for all the babies that have been born to us all the past few months! I can just see the camp scene down the road...wonderful lasting friendships!

April Nienhuis said...

Congratulations on the arrival of you girl and such a quick delivery. Can't wait to see pictures of the little one.

Kelly said...

Congratulations on the arrival on this wonderful new blessing in your life! So thankful to hear that all went well and that she is here safely! rejoicing with you today!!

Rachel said...

Wow, that is awesome, Kari! I am so thankful it went so well. Praise the Lord! And how amazing that she shares the birthday with who she is named after...that is just the sweetest thing!

Anonymous said...

Prayed for you last night hoping you could just go on your own... So happy the Lord allowed it. What a neat delivery story!I hope I can do a repeat in a few weeks. I think it's so neat you and Jill are having your babies the same day. Ohhh and hair! I love hair!

Kari said...

Praise God! I am so excited for you. Enjoy your hospital stay- I miss mine :-). Can't wait to see pictures.

jenica said...

1 push!? Your pregnancy and delivery sound like a dream!

I can't wait to see her soon in person!
Praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Johnny and Kari!

Christina said...

Congratulations on your new little girl! Praying for a recovery as quick as your labor was, and a smooth transition for the whole family as you welcome baby Eva home. Can't wait to see more pics!

Em said...

Kari, That's amazing! I love her name, too. Its very beautiful. Her birth sounds a lot like Deacon's (very fast). I wonder what my third will be like? We're really happy for you guys.